Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Monday Bike Ride

Last Monday morning a couple of friends and I went for a ride on the I&M Canal Trail between Ottawa and Utica Illinois, and on the trail in Buffalo Rock State Park. The weather was great. The problem was that the I&M Canal Trail between Buffalo Rock State Park and Utica was closed. It's been closed since last August when it was washed out in a storm. This is one of the most scenic sections of the I&M Canal Trail. Now I hear the state is closing two of the four state parks that span the trail. These are Channahon Parkway State Park and Gebhard Woods State Park. If the I&M Canal Trail closes it will be a serious loss to the many people who ride and hike this trail all year round. If you want to let the governer of Illinois know what you think, click on the Governor’s On-line Contact Form or call the governor’s office at 217-782-0244 or 312-814-2121.  I'd try the 312 number since he spends most of his time in Chicago :(

No comments: