Sunday, March 21, 2010

Silver - Steven Savile

Silver is a novel surrounding the 30 pieces of silver Judas got for betraying Jesus. The author puts an interesting spin on the 2000 year old story and ties it in with some interesting action in the present. Silver is sort of a spy novel with terrorists and ancient religion thrown in. The author likens Silver to The Da Vinci Code in his notes. The Da Vinci Code kept you almost believing it could be true right up to the end and the story was logically consistent. Silver never made me believe for a minute that the basis for the story could be true and was disjointed rather than consistent. I enjoyed the book, but it's not in the same class with The Da Vinci Code, in spite of what the author thinks. Recommended.

1 comment:

Adele said...

Huh. I found the Da Vinci Code completely ridiculous start to finish. I don't happen to think Silver is all that like it, it's about a billion times better. I have to say though, if I didn't already have Silver i'd have been sold on buying it the minute you said it wasn't like DVC.
Silver is a good british thriller, DVC was a light, silly way to kill an hour.