Saturday, May 8, 2010

Betrayed - P. C. Cast, Kristin Cast

Betrayed is the second book in the House of Night series.  The House of Night is a high school for teenage vampyres.  This book continues with Zoe now the high priestess in training and head of the dark daughters and sons.  The dark daughters and sons is part sorority and part student council.  But there's some trouble brewing when teenagers from Zoe's past begin to disappear and turn up as drained corpses.  It's getting more like monsters now.  I like this series.  Highly recommended.

I like this series more than the Twilight series.  I know that's heresy, but this is more like real teenagers with real problems and some weird new problems thrown into the mix.  Twilight was more teenage angst with vampires and werewolves and nothing really normal.  This House of Night series is definitely geared toward younger readers, and I'd recommend it to my grandkids, but then the authors had to throw in the whole blow job scene in the first book Marked, and I don't know why. Too bad.  I guess that makes this series even more like reality, and I should get with the times, but I want a different reality for my grandkids.

No comments: