Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Apostle: The Life of Paul - Pollock, John

The Apostle: The Life of Paul is a biography. A lot of research went into this book. It's interesting to see Paul from a more human perspective. This book was free when I downloaded it. It's $2.51 as I'm typing this.

I liked the parts of this book that dealt with Paul's life and travels. There are maps in the book, but the kindle doesn't lend itself to maps. I recommend using the maps from the LDS website. They're very clear, and were a real help visualizing the routes taken on Paul's journeys and the general area in which he lived.

I thought there were more quotes than needed in the book. There were times that the quotes overshadowed the events taking place. Other than that I really enjoyed the book and I highly recommend it.

No comments: