Monday, April 15, 2013

A Death Displaced - Andrew Butcher

A Death Displaced is the first book in the Lansin Island Series. This book is $2.99 for the kindle. It was free when I downloaded it. I'm glad I didn't pay for it.

Nick Crystan is a 24 year old part-time clerk in a crystal shop on Lansin Island. Nick is a wimp and a whiner. Nothing about his character is appealing to me. Juliet Maystone is the 25 year old owner of a cafe on Lansin Island. A cafe that her rich parents bought for her. Juliet is busy and active and aware that she leads a life of privilege. Nick and Juliet are brought together by fate in a way that changes both their lives. Except for Nick's character being such a loser, the story is interesting. Then the conclusion of the book is so bad, it almost makes you regret reading to the end. Parts of the book are worth reading, but on the whole I don't recommend it. Don't waste your money. I'm glad I didn't waste any of mine.

No comments: