Tuesday, April 5, 2016

The Last Librarian - Brandt Legg

The Last Librarian is the first novel in the Justar Journal series. This book is 99 cents for the kindle.
Runit Happerman is the last librarian. Runit works in the last library left in the world. Runit and the library are in the city of Portland in the Oregon Area. There are not states since there is no United States of America in the post-Banoff world. Now the Aylantik Government has decided to close Runit's library. Runit isn't going to let that happen.

This book wasn't that long, but it seemed like very long. I couldn't seem to take more than 30 minutes at a time. There was no compelling anything in this book. There was more angst and retrospection than any YA novel I've ever read though. I had to finish, because the post-apocalypse world Runit lived in was interesting, but I should have given up when I first started skimming to get past his whiny ruminations.

SPOILER ALERT. To make it even worse, most of the interesting characters were killed before this book was finished. I can't imagine what takes place in the next two in books in the series. I don't recommend this book, period.

No comments: