Sunday, March 14, 2010

New York - Edward Rutherfurd

New York is a historical novel centered on New York city. This is the first Rutherfurd book I've read. Maybe when I'm retired and have more time to kill I'll read another. This story began with Dutch settlers in 1664, when what is now New York was the outpost of New Amsterdam. It follows the history of the Masters family, as you see New York and the United States grow into their current size and shape.

My dilemma is the book was too long. However I want the glaring holes filled in. Maybe I don't have a New York centric view but a novel covering history from the 17th to the 21st century should include something of substance on WWII. Glossed over would be an understatement. Maybe the problem is the span of history covered was too great. At first I was reminded of all the James

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello friends. I'm really into shoes and I had been searching as far as something that exact make. The prices seeking the sneakers are all over 230 bucks on every page. But finally I base this area selling them for half price. I absolutely love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase those. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

good morning dudes. I'm really into shoes and I have been searching allowing for regarding that exact make. The prices for the sneakers were around 250 dollars everwhere. But completely I base this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I really like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase them. what can you say about it?