Monday, February 2, 2015

Witch's Brew - Heidi R. Kling

Witch's Brew is the first novel in the Spellspinners of Melas County series. This book is free for the kindle. If you hate cliff hangers you can stop reading now.

Lily is 16 and just coming into her own as a witch. Lily doesn't realize that she's going to be pivotal in rejoining the witches and warlocks, or the 100 year curse will steal all powers from the spellspinners forever.

This is an interactive story. There are points where you get to choose the plot line that's followed. If I'd wanted to read a video game I wouldn't have selected a book. I did finish the story, although if I'd know about the cliff hanger I probably wouldn't have. You decide. Between the atrocious cliff hanger, the author not being able to make up her mind, and the teenage angst, I'm done with this series. Barely recommended.

No comments: