Thursday, September 13, 2007

Many Bloody Returns - Charlaine Harris and Toni L. P. Kelner

This is an anthology of short stories based on the theme vampires and birthdays. The volume is edited by Harris and Kelner. The book contains 13 stories by 13 different authors. Some authors I'm very familiar with. Harris is one of them. Others I've never heard of but I'll definitely be reading more of their works.

This book is kind of like an hors d'oeuvers smörgåsbord for readers. You get a little taste of a lot of things. There wasn't a story in here I didn't really enjoy. Some stories were self contained like Vampire Hours by Elaine Viets and The Mournful Cry of Owls by Christopher Golden. Others gave you a peek at a deeper story and I'll be following up for sure. Examples of these are The First Day of the Rest of Your Life by Rachel Caine and Blood Wrapped by Tanya Huff. I can't wait to read more by these authors. Very highly recommended.

No comments: