Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Immortal Highlander - Karen Marie Moning

I admit it. I should pay more attention to the genre when I pick a book. But The Immortal Highlander sounded like an adventure with swords and sorcery. However, even a category like romance is misleading when it comes to this book. Why not just call it a book about sex? The heroes and heroines think about sex, talk about sex, and of course have sex more than they do anything else.

The story line, aside from the sex, is interesting and there's suspense, magic, swords, and Faeries. This story is definitely rated X, but I enjoyed it. There are many books in Moning's Highlander series, but I'm not likely to pursue them. When I was a teenager I'd have dogeared the pages I now skip over. I'm not a teenager any more. Her brand of "romance" is not what I prefer. Recommended.

No comments: