Friday, March 6, 2015

Left Alive - Jeremy Laszlo

Left Alive is the first novel in the Left Alive series. This book is free for the kindle. It may be overpriced.

Charles Duwain is still hanging on to what's left of a dying world. Charles is trying to survive in Michigan, living along the polluted shores of Lake Huron. As things continue to get worse, Charles decides to try and find his two adult daughters living in Florida. Of course the world is dying because a scientist made a mistake trying to increase plant growth, and killed all plants. If you're going to write post-apocalypse, this is as good a reason for the death of the planet as any. Why do they never blame politicians? As I started I told myself if there were zombies I was going to stop reading. There were rumors from the beginning, but they didn't show up until a third of the way through the book so I stopped. The review of the first third is a bleak story with more angst than an adult with two grown daughters should ever have had. I was almost looking forward to the zombies so I could quit. Not recommended.

No comments: